Wednesday, February 1, 2012

orange fluid leak most likely power steering fluid?

I have a 2004 ford freestar and I noticed that there was a leak on the drivers side. I looked at the fluid and compared it to all other fluids in the van and it's the same color as the power steering fluid. When I turned the wheel all the way to the left or right, my hubby noticed that the drip seemed to turn into a light spray. What could it be? There are no smells, smoke, sounds etc..

could be a pressure line that is running from side to side on you steering rack the best war to find it is to get under the car and turn the wheel. orange is kinda new to me for power sterring , ive seen engine coolant orange keep an eye on your fluid levels

Check your hoses around your power steering resevoir, you might have a pin hole leake in one of the hoses. Make sure to keep an eye on the fluid level. As long as you keep fluid in it you won't burn out the pump.


No comments:

Post a Comment